Thursday, August 7, 2008

Tater and his stinky nose


Tate is at the age where everything he touches goes in his mouth... and his ears and nose. We have caught him trying to shove various objects up his nose and he has been known to walk around with q-tips or pencils sticking out of his ears (not good, I know). Anyways, this past weekend he started clawing at the right side of his nose. He scratched it all up till it was bleeding. Then he started sneezing a ton. Finally, on Sunday, it dawned on me that he probably had something up his nose we hadn't caught. I take him to 2 quick cares, both closed (yes, it was Sunday, I'm going to hell, I was headed there anyways). Monday I took him back to a quick care. I waited 3 hours and the dr. totally blew me off. He said if something were up there it would smell. He said the baby had a cold and sent me on my way. We still thought it was something more than a cold and yesterday his nose started to smell. Today it reeked. I took him back and while we were in the waiting room Tate shoved a piece of a pretzel stick up his nose. It took almost a half hour to get it out. Seriously? What is the deal with this kid.?! 17 (or 2) hours later we saw the dr. and he didn't have the tools to get it out or to even see it so now we have to go to a ear, nose, and throat dr. We are guessing it is a pencil eraser because John caught him with a pencil and the eraser was missing. So until we see another dr. and figure out what is up his nose, I am stuck with a stinky kid. Anyone want to babysit?

8 comments:

Quinne said...

You should really write a book someday of all your "adventures" (a.k.a. nightmares) raising four boys. Your stories are so funny! Of course, I'm not living them. And what kind of a doctor doesn't have some kind of tool to get an eraser out of a kid's nose?

Rachel McEwen said...

Oh Emily! I don't know how you do it. First, you have Tarzan trying to swing from the stairs and now you have a magician making things disappear. I am really curious about what is up his nose. I wonder how that feels...poor Tate...poor Emily!

The Spradlin Family said...

Emily, you should write a book because you are hilarious! I am so sorry that Tate has something up his nose and I'm even sorrier that no one has gotten it out. Good luck!

Brittany said...

Seriously! Why do kids have to shove things in their noses? Just last week Gage shoved gum up his nose while he was in the bathtub... who does that when they're almost 6? Luckily I got it out with tweezers! I'm with quinne a book would be great!

Anonymous said...

Em-your life makes me happy!!These are the days of Emily Montgomery's life,and they make me laugh! Is that bad?I'

Nichole said...

Gross! I can not wait to hear what it is!!

Elizabeth Dover said...

It is a funny story. Put me on the waiting list for when you come out with your book. I'll preorder. No, that is super frustrating. Does he seemed bothered by it? Once Porter put something up his nose and he was trying to shove something else up his nose to try and get it out, we stopped him and got it out luckily. Why do kids do this? Ah well.
Hey, how is your leg? Brittany said you hurt yourself, I hope you are ok.

Anonymous said...

*sigh of sympathetic knowing*

I can not STAND dismissive doctors. This is why I drive 20 miles to see our doctor even after we moved to a new town. He rocks and would NEVER dismiss me if I thought something was wrong.

On the stinky front...since he likes putting things up his nose, why not put a plugin up there???