Today Alisa,
Rushelle, and I did a beginner triathlon in St. George. We decided to do it about a month ago so there wasn't much time to train. We are considering the Sprint
Tri here in Vegas in the spring and wanted to get a feel for what it would be like. It was HARD! I freaked out when I started the swim and couldn't get control of my breathing. The bike ride wasn't too bad but I was on a mountain bike so people were flying by me on bikes that I could seriously lift with one finger. If I do it again I will NOT ride a mountain bike. Way too heavy. The running went
ok. I was hoping to make up some time on that part and though I didn't go as fast as I wanted I was
ok with it. After getting off the bike my legs were jello. I felt like I was running in slow motion. All in all, it was cool to do it and get a feel for it and know what worked and what didn't so when I do the sprint
tri I am more prepared and know what to expect...
The final times were (and no laughing please...FIRST
tri...LITTLE training)
Swim 200 meters 5:10 (so happy I didn't drown)
Bike 5 miles 25:04
Run 1.5 miles 13:58 ( finished 10th out of 73 people)
Overall 22nd place out of 73 people
Right before the madness began....freezing cold outside and right after this pic we had to
srtip down to our suits. We made sure to NOT take a picture

So glad it was all over..

Right after we all finished..
Crossing the finish line (I'm behind that random guy)
13 comments:
Emily you rock. I am very impressed!!!
Congrats! I'm so glad it went well! You're awesome!
sorry about the bad pic. i ws afraid if i waited for him to get all the way by i would miss you. oh and to brag for emily since she didn't enough she had the 2nd fastest running time out of her age division. you go girl!
Yes Emily was awesome and she totally kicked my butt in running. It was fun thanks for doing it with me!
Congratulations Emily! I'm so impressed with all of you girls!
You are amazing. Mrs. Athlete of the year! I think I would have drowned on the swimming part. Then if I happened to make it through that, crash on the bike part.
WOW!! I could never ever do that. That is really cool that you did that. COngrats on your times.
You are awesome- the marathon and now this? Great job! Where you guys find the time to be moms, stay in shape, race, and look fabulous at the same time is beyond me.
Em, you are awesome! I love that you are doing all of these things. I only wish you lived closer so I could do them with you. I don't know about the tri but I love running.
I am SO proud of you! WOw! You inspire me....I can't believe how fast you ran after all that...that's like my time for one mile! So happy for you!
How could you let that guy finish before you!? Look at him...with his funny little arm things and wimpy-looking water bottle holder... Actually, maybe that was his secret... I take it back. You need some of those arm things...
I think that's freakin awesome you did that. Are you planning on doing the Aflac Tri in May? I'm trying to convince as many people as I can to do it with me!
Post a Comment