Monday, March 23, 2009

The Leash

There has been much controversy over the purchase of "the leash." Tate is a runner. He will not stand or sit still for anything. The baseball games have been extra hard with John not around to help me (he's on the field). So I was at Target, like I usually am, and I see it. A leash. I buy it and the following conversation happened:

me: I bought tater a leash

john: what? he's not wearing a leash

me: well, they had a monkey and a dog and I let him choose. he chose the dog

john: riiiight. take it back.

me: Well, it not really a leash, it's called a travel harness

john: take the leash back

me: well, it's eddie bauer

john: oh!! it;s eddie bauer? well why didn't you just say that from the beginning? Of course it's ok if it's eddie bauer!
me: really?

john: no. take the leash back

I took it back. Then I went to a practice and told the other moms about my returned leash. After watching me chase the kid all over the park, by the end of practice several moms were concurring that I needed to go back and get the leash. So I did. Now they make fun of me because Tate runs around with the leash dragging behind him.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

I bought a leash for one of my kids and it was totally worth it! I got some strange looks in the airport but i didn't lose my kid!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha I have always thought those were so mean...but I have never had to deal with a kid that won't stay next to me, so I would probably do the same thing!

Candi said...

you totally had me cracking up. i love johns responses to you!

Taralee said...

I've thought about one for Sage because she's such a handful, but then I always re-think it. Do you love it or what? I just don't go many places, so I don't have as many times I'm chasing her...

Cammi said...

oh lol! your post has me laughing so hard! "really, it's eddie bauer" - ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Chase had a leash....I HATED using it because I felt like a failure. We only used it for a few months, but it did help when I was pregnant and couldn't run after him as well.

People don't understand until they have a an "all boy" boy that won't sit still. I say use it if it helps!!!

Quinne said...

I bought two leashes for Lilly just in case and used them all the time and there's no shame in the leash! Everytime someone would comment about how I had my child on a leash like a dog (and I did hear that quite often) I would curse them under my breath and hope that they'd be "blessed" with a child who doesn't stay by you. ever. even in Disneyland and won't hold your hand and won't sit in a stroller and would wander away and never look back. USE THE LEASH WITH PRIDE!!!!