Saturday, April 4, 2009

Preggo?

I'm a few days late..posting this that is. We have never really gotten into April Fools Day but this year the boys were pulling pranks on me all day. I didn't fall for all of them, like when Ry said my shoe was on fire but I was able to pull a pretty good one. An pregnant friend, who shall remain nameless, took a pregnancy test for me so I would have a positive result to freak John out with. I waited till the end of the day and had casually mentioned I bought a pregnancy test I needed to take later. He just said,"Huh. Really?" Yep. So as he was putting the boys to bed I went to the bathroom and set it on the counter with the box that showed what the results meant. I went to our bedroom and started putting pj's on Tater when he came in and asked if I wanted to watch TV with him downstairs. I said sure but I had to check the test first and make sure it was negative. He said he would go check it. That was perfect because it was all I could do not to bust up right there. I suck at lying. He goes in there and I see him looking at the test then at the back of the box. Then the test again then the back of the box. Test, box, test, box. At this point I call out, it's negative right? He turns around and says NO. I though he was gonna pass out right then and there. By this time I am laughing so hard I can hardly stand up and he is just staring at me. Then he says," why are you laughing, this is not funny." I couldn't let him think he really had to support a 5th kid so I asked him if he knew what day it was. Then it clicked. He didn't think it was funny until the next day. I on the other hand, thought it was hilarious from the beginning. Good times....good times...

13 comments:

~MeLiSsA~ said...

OMG~ Seriously that is SO funny! I am too retarded to come up with anything like that so I didnt pull one prank. :(

Travis would have had the same reaction as John. Haa haa.... I will have to remember that one next year!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious!!! I wanted to do something really good this year to Anthony but couldn't think of anything. I heard about someone doing this and I thought it would be funny to do since kynley is 2 months old, but I never did. I am so glad that you got him good-

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOO need to do this to Jason.

Mrs. Jackson said...

Good thing he has a strong heart! That was TOO good.

stephanie said...

poor John! I can imagine that would nearly give him a heart attack

Anonymous said...

I, for one, wish it were true, but alas, my grandsons still wait for their sister....

Teisha said...

Laughing so hard right now! I totally have to do that to Collins next year.

jaanderson family said...

seriously thats hilarious! I would have paid to see his face! although i would love you to have number 5! :)

cl said...

matt says that is freakin' mean and you deserve to be slapped repeatedly.
i on the other hand think it is hilarious and i can totally see johns eyes looking at the test, box, test, box....hahahaha!
i will definitely have to think about this for next year...matt would definitely crap his pants!

Elizabeth Dover said...

Wow!!! What a great joke!I never come up with anything that clever. So funny.

Kirsten said...

good one!! I love the ol' I'm pregnant april fools trick! hehe!

mandy politowicz said...

hahah! the funniest thing i've read all day!

Stefu said...

This is such a wonderful post! I love it! I love April Fool's Day! This is the best prank I have ever heard of! Great work!