Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tyson's Birthday

The cake...We had a red cake made and then John made the "M" part.
Tyson turned 5 about a month ago. I figured I better post pictures before he turns 6. So I am a month behind...hey, that's how I roll. He wanted a Super Mario party. Take note, if your child ever requests this theme, run screaming to the hills. There is pretty much nothing out there. I did find a pinata and some plates on the Internet which cost a small fortune and the rest we had to make. It was a lot of work but John and I actually enjoyed it. Now we are praying Blake and Ryan don't pick some obscure theme for their party...with our luck they will pick Avatar or something.


Here's Tyson and the pinata...

Goomba and koopa troopa stomp. They had to pop the balloons to get the gold coins inside...



My boys...




When the kids came in they got a Mario hat and mustache and the girls got a crown (princess peach)




Pin the mustache on Mario. John drew this the night before. Now his secret is out...he is a pretty talented artist






The kids got these after the game but as I was making them I looked down and these were staring at me. I decided it was kinda creepy...


HAPPY BIRTHDAY T-DOG!!!






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW looks like an awesome party!! I love those ideas- I am glad to see that John can still draw. I've always been very jealous of that talent.

Stefu said...

Um...aren't you supposed to blindfold the kids before they hit the pinata? Or were you afraid that he would use that as an excuse to smash up the whole house? High quality blog post, this is! I've never seen anything John has drawn. Really amazing stuff! The proof is in the pudding...Check the pudding.

Rachel McEwen said...

what a cute party! even though you ran into a lot of mishaps it turned out really cute:)

Emily H. said...

Cute party Emily! Yeah, your husband does have some serious talent- at first I thought it was something you bought.