Saturday, February 16, 2008

RSV




When I think of RSV I think of little babies and snow. I don't think of chunky babies and Vegas. Well guess what...I'm wrong. Tate has rsv. I now get to give him breathing treatments four times a day for the next 2 weeks and it looks like we aren't going anywhere for a while. I am glad we caught it early enough that we can do treatments at home. When we lived in Utah Ryan also got rsv but he had to be in the hospital and that was not fun. Also, I know I have been a major blog slacker this past week but with a sick baby and valentines day ( picture 3 kids times 30 valentines each plus candy taped to each one) and lots of other everyday crap I just haven't had time to be at the computer but since it looks like I am going to be stuck at home for a while maybe I can catch up a bit. I know everyone has been on pins and needles waiting......

10 comments:

jaanderson family said...

Poor little guy. He looks so cute though. How is the baby einstein going?

Anonymous said...

Poor Guy!!! My #2, Brodie had RSV when he was almost a year old. NOT FUN! Hope he gets better soon

Teisha said...

I need help! I think my baby might have it. She has just started coughing yesterday and has a runny nose. When she coughs she gasps and can't breathe. She only has a hard time breathing when she coughs. Does this sound like RSV or just a cold?

Katrina said...

That is so sad! I did not know you could get RSV in Vegas. I thought that was only a Utah thing. Let me know if you need me to do ANYTHING! Seriously. Call me if you need help picking up your other kids, grocery shopping, making dinner, ...whatever! I hope he feels better soon.

Kiesel Klan said...

Gavin had to do those breathing treatments four times a day too. they are no fun. At least he can hold it himself and looks like he is having a good time. I had to constrain Gavin. It was so sad.

Emily said...

The reason Tate looks so happy with the mask is that we hadn't turned it on yet. Once we do it's a total fight. I did give him one treatment while he was sleeping and that worked great so I am going to do that as much as possible.

Anonymous said...

So even when he has RSV, you still gotta do his hair?

Emily said...

dear mom,
thanks for pointing that out. Yes, I am the hair nazi...but that was the same day we found out he had rsv. I had done his hair that morning...can I help it if spiker glue is awesome? love you!

Candi said...

i am so sorry, for both you and tate! we know all about rsv and how bad it sucks! remember beckam got it when we were in vegas right after he was born! here is sending get well soon so mommy doesnt go crazy vibes to you!

Rachel McEwen said...

I feel your pain. RSV is so hard to deal with...especially the breathing treatments. Where did he pick it up from? I am sorry that he is sick.