Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

We made our first homemade pumpkin pie. The boys asked if we had any pie and since we didn't, we decided to make our own. Well, truthfully, John decided that. I said "what?!" I'll just run to Costco. I was out voted. Then I tried to talk everyone in to pre made crust. No such luck. Who knew I married such a man martha. The boys had a blast (gotta love man aprons from home depot) and it actually tasted so good we made another one 2 days later (and I have no idea how I gained 5 pounds in the last week).









** I do realize my children are half naked in just about every post. I do dress them EVERYDAY (in tops AND bottoms). I swear.

13 comments:

Teisha said...

I'm very impressed! I can't believe how old Tate is looking, he is a little man!

Rachel McEwen said...

you are so brave!

Alisa said...

Seriously John is the man! I would really love to try his homemade pie one day. I only like Costco's pie and all the homemade ones i have tasted are gross. So maybe he can bring one on my birthday? Just a thought! Oh and i love the man Aprons.I am just hoping John was wearing clothes underneath his.

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I never knew John was a chef. The aprons are adorable. I hear ya on the dressing your kids everyday part, I dress Kelton everyday in matching clothes and usually by the end of the day he has changed 5 times and is either waring his spiderman costume or clothes that have no business togehter....or his "jedi" (a girl sweater) jacket.

stephanie said...

Fun times! I am not judging you on your boys attire or lack of. My boys are usually just in diapers by lunchtime. I have better things to do than to dress my kids 40 times a day.

Anonymous said...

Of coarse your boys have Home Depot aprons! Why wouldn't they!!!

jaanderson family said...

Yummy! Those sound good! and love the aprons! By the way, I LOVE your new background! I love all the pictures! They turned out soo cute!

Teisha said...

Sprinkles cupcakes are by the temple in Newport. It is one of Oprah's "favorite things". You will definitely have to go next time you are in the area. However, your pumpkin pie sounds like it will give red velvet cupcakes a run for their money.

Amanda said...

I love your pics!! How took them? You all look fantastic!!! You are so pretty!!!

Emily H. said...

Yeah right- two posts in a row of naked boys, I'm really starting to think you guys are one of those weird nudest families. :) "Man Martha"- never heard that before, totally makes me laugh. I guess I have a man martha as well. Those kinds of husbands are great to have around.

Kiesel Klan said...

A baby shower sounds good to me but it would help if I actually had friends to invite. : ) And BRady mentioned making a homemade pumpkin pie the other day too. It must be a man thing but I would like the recipe.

lindsay said...

You are such a good mom, I didn't even KNOW you could make pie crust! That tells you how much time I spend in the kitchen!!!

Frown Like A Thunderstorm said...

Just so you know, an apron with no shirt does not constitute a "top" (OR a "bottom"!) Believe me, I know...