Well, he's dead.
Let me start at the beginning... About 6 months ago I had to run to the pet store to get crickets for our gecko (I do realize that is totally gross but have recently gotten over it because well, the lizard isn't gonna feed himself). I had all the boys with me and we started looking around at all the pets. They all decided they wanted a rat. With red eyes. Seriously? That's gross.
Then we come across the reptiles and they change their mind to a frog or a snake... Finally they decide on a frog... We made a deal. I buy the $7 frog and they save up and buy everything else. I knew it would never happen. For them to save $80 is crazy.
It took six months of saving and pulling their money, but they did it. Tyson and Tate's birthday money gave them that last $20 (thanks ALOT grandpa and grandma..). We all went to the pet store the next Saturday and got everything we needed and put it altogether.
They sat and watched that frog forever. We even considered going to the movies and letting the frog babysit.
Willy was a great frog.
Then a week later Blake asked us to come check the frog because he looked like "beef jerky."
Well, he was right, and the frog was dead. I have no idea why. They cried and cried.
John tossed him in the trash before we realized they were expecting a funeral.
So we lied.
We told them we decorated a box and buried him in the backyard and when they asked if we could dig him up when we move and take him to he next house we told them of course they could.
Goodbye Willy. The boys will miss you. Me? Not so much. You were a great frog for that week we had you.....


3 comments:
I didn't even know you had a frog! I read your psot like 5 times because of how funny it was! It's good to have you finally posting again! Keep them coming!! Oh and we miss you guys...
"beef jerkey" I am trying to envision what that must of looked like to your kids....how tramatic:) that is hilarious!
At least Blake didn't come in saying that the frod TASTED like beef jerky. Although, I would have taken a bite, just out of curiousity.
Post a Comment