Ryan had his first baseball practice on Tuesday night. John is the coach and I was a little worried about practices and games and having the rest of the kids by myself. The fields where we were playing aren't the best and in years past the coaches have had to chase a few homeless guys off. Because of that, I am not comfortable letting the boys just run around and play like I let them do at other parks. I feel like I have to constantly have them in my eyesight especially since we start around dusk and then by the time we are done it's dark out. The fields have lights but the parking lot and playground do not. So anyways, we got there and the boys did great.......for the first three minutes. Then they were crazy. John was on the field, I'm trying to talk to the parents and give them information, the baby is screaming because he wants out of the stroller and Blake and Tyson are climbing to the top of the chain link fence(they can actually both make it to the top which I think is impressive). The parents were seriously staring at me like I had three heads. I keep pulling Blake and Tyson down and finally I told them if they even tried to climb it one more time they would sit in the car and wait for practice to be over. Well, it worked. They didn't even try to climb the fence again. Instead they started to slide down the rail on the bleachers. Normally, I would just let them. they are boys, they are monkeys and I knew they could both do it but since I had random stangers staring at me with horrified looks on their faces I felt like I had to make them stop (I can not tell you how many of them repeated over and over that I have four boys....people..I KNOW! quit staring and help me out a little!) Finally, I convince them to hunt for bugs with Tyson's bug vacum. Great. They are busy for 5 min. now I can help the baby. One lady tells me I need to let him stand by the fence and just let him out. In my head I'm thinking, look lady, that's not the brightest of ideas, he can't walk, he won't just stand there, and I need at least one kid confined.....but I am too nice to say that out loud so I take him out and let him stand. he lasts 30 secs before I am frantically finger sweeping his mouth to get out the handful of pebbles he shoved in it. He goes back to the stroller. I am sweating by now and it is not hot enough for that to be happening. Blake and tyson are now bored and they start throwing handfuls of pebbles at each other. They think it's hilarious but again I am receiving death looks so I make them stop. I guess I was hoping one of them would knock the other out and then I would have one less kid to deal with (kidding people...don't call cps). I have had it so I walked them to the park and sat there in the dark while they played on the playground. Luckily no one was abducted (even if they were, I'm pretty confident they would have returned them about 20 minutes or so). I think I got in more of a workout than the players and needless to say, I swore off practices and I'm considering a babysitter for games.......... so...who wants to come watch a game?
Reed's Birthday
8 years ago


6 comments:
that was pretty much hilarious!! youre more than welcome to let them come play at my house while you go!
all I can say is "Vengence is sweet, saith the Lord"
you are so funny. Even though I was laughing out loud, I was crying inside because it is all too familiar. It sounds like one of my grocery shopping trips. I hate when strangers stare because then you have to act like this perfectly nice mother...well, I have news for all of those strangers--I'M NOT! your story was comforting.
I hate those people who stare!!!
Wow! You make me glad I have a daughter even though I was terrified to have one at first! They sound fun, and at least when they are teenagers you won't have the crazy female hormones ruling the house!
Hey Emily this is Jessica Jensen. I have to say that I am happy I found you on here because after reading your stories of 4 boys, I can no longer complain about my 1 crazy 2 year old. I believe that you should be translated...
Post a Comment