Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So Cal

Dinner. Notice there are no high chairs at our table. Whoo-hoo!

Of course we had to get pedicures. I am pretty sure they were talking about my feet to each other. I got some stubby toes and training for the marathon has left me with two dead toenails. It's all good though b/c we were texting each other about them too...

We had to search but we were able to find the beach house we all stayed at together for our senior trip 10 years ago (yes, I am old).


Jenny did all of our hair and makeup on Sunday. I'm still not sure about the half curly, have humid frizz that I got going on. The beach and my hair do NOT mix..





Us in front of the property where we stayed.



This past weekend Alisa, Jenny, Rushelle, and I headed to San Diego for a few days. There were no kids, no husbands, no agenda. It was awesome. We hung out at the beach, ate a ton, went to Ikea and had some laughs. The best part was the fact that Alisa's dad's company owns the property we stayed at so it was FREE!! I know they have both posted all about it on their blogs and since I am the last one this is all old news but....I posted a couple pictures anyways. We hope to make this a yearly event but someone is always pregnant or nursing or something so who knows when it will happen again but we had a great time!!

7 comments:

Taralee said...

That is the perfect trip EVER, in my opinion!! How fun for you girls. The last girls trip my friens planned to the beach, I was too pregnant to go. I seem to have bad timing with having fun haha! I think you look so beatiful in that picture (with just you in it), so something about you and the beach must mix pretty well!

Kiesel Klan said...

I'm so glad you finally posted. I can't wait to do it again.

Rachel McEwen said...

I know what you mean about the humidity. That is why you will never see me without a hat in Cali. I think you guys all look so hot! Jenny did a great job! I am glad you guys had so much fun. Are your pretty little toes ready to run 20 miles this weekend??

lindsay said...

Glad you guys had so much fun!!! I am so jealous! I think your hair looks hot!!! It looks like John did a good job with the boys while you were gone, I guess you should leave more often!!!

Brittany said...

Emily you look great! I really like your hair like that. I'm so glad you guys had fun... not having an agenda is the best part of a vacation in my opinion, especially when you don't have kids with you!

Teisha said...

That sounds like so much fun. All you ladies deserve a weekend with NO kids. That is so awesome you all are so close still. And you all look beautiful in the pics!

Shelley said...

Did you run the marathon? So exciting! I loved running one last October. I'll definitely do it again. (not prego, though!) If it is coming up, good luck. If you already ran it - good job!