Yesterday after a few errands in the morning, we came home and John turned on football. He took a nap and pretty much just hung out all day watching the games. I was busy unpacking the last of the boxes and hanging stuff up so I didn't care. I knew he needed a break and we had a babysitter for later that night so I knew we were gonna get to hang out together later.
Today we had stake conference and 4 kids for 2 hours is a nightmare so we planned on staying home all day. Now, I'm cool with football being on all day but I'm not super cool with having your butt glued to the couch and being unable to do anything else because of it. I have to admit I was already a little grumpy because I had been up since 2am. I woke up and I just could not go back to sleep. When I tried to take a nap today the kids came in 50 million times, they know how to unlock my door and long story short, after an hour of being interrupted every 10 min I gave up. I stormed down stairs and stomped around the house. John was too busy watching stupid football to profusely apologize for not keeping the kids away and well, I wanted him to know I was mad and that I thought he sucked at helping me today.
Anyways, being the amazingly mature wife and mother that I am, I took the vaccum and plugged it in right behind the couch where he was watching t.v. Then I turned it on and left it there and walked away. Don't worry, it took him 10 min to realize it was just sitting there. By itself. Turned on.
He is currently still watching football but now he has 3 loads of laundry he is folding and putting away (imagine that, a man multi-tasking!) while he watches. And as an added bonus Tate and Ryan are "helping" him. I'm cool with that.
Reed's Birthday
8 years ago


7 comments:
Emily, I totally feel your pain. I HATE football season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am basically a single mother until football's over because not only does Kelly watch football, but he has a fantasy football team. It's so annoying! Football widows unite!
totally understand! i hate football! and matt is in two stupid fantasy football leagues...i seriously don't get the idea of making up a fake team and then having to watch their every move...on the computer and on his stupid blackberry. at least you taught him to multi-task. and i totally laughed about the vacuum...too funny!
Isn't it horrible? That is so funny about the vacuum. It would have never lasted that long with Collins because he would have yelled at me to turn it off because he can't hear the game. What is there to hear?
What is it about football season...it drives me crazy. After about 7 straight hours of the game on,I've had it w/the noise. And when one game ends another begins. Its like a nightmare that never ends! I feel your pain, Em! Can you imagine what would happen if we sat on our butts like that to watch t.v?? The world would come apart,or at lest our houses would! Anyway, love the vacuum, and that John didn't notice it for a while! Your the BEST WIFE EVER!!!!!! Thanks for the idea.I think I'm going to use a fog horn instead. Think It'll work?!!
Ok, you lost me at the "man multitasking part"...I am not quite exactly sure what that means! I feel your pain, becuase I have a husband that not only watches every single football game on TV, but he also HUNTS every single weekend he can! Now tell me how much I hate the fall....next time they are watching football, lets leave them together with all the kids and go shopping! (seriously)
I know the feeling! I hate football season for this reason! It doesn't matter what game is on... Jarom HAS to watch it!!! It drives me crazy! He is in 5 fantasy football leagues so of course his excuse is he has to watch them all!
You are so funny! I hate when there is any sort of a game on. I just wish I could "zone out" like a man:) Can I add you to my links?
Post a Comment