Saturday, February 7, 2009

Cookies

Since I knew John would be working this weekend I tried to think of something the boys could do to stay busy at home. I try to avoid taking all four them to public places by myself... it always involves kicking and screaming and hair pulling (and that's just by me). Anyways, I decided they could make and decorate sugar cookies for valentine's day. It went pretty well in the beginning. I called them in the kitchen one at a time to roll out their dough and cut thier shapes. Then when the cookies were cool we pulled out all the decorations and frosting and went to town. I'm not gonna lie, it was messy and crazy, and one cookie ended up with a whole bottle of sprinkles, and there might have been a time or two (or 10) when I wanted to scream, but the boys had a great time making them and an even better time eating them.

**I just want to point out that the reason poor Tate isn't in these pictures is because I am a very mean mom who would only consider doing this activity when Tate was taking a nap. Where's my broomstick?














11 comments:

stephanie said...

they did a good job! very cute

Anonymous said...

what a nice mom, I need to do more things like this with Kelt. It is just so much work that I usually end up just saying lets play legos or something- LOL!! They did a great job!

Cammi said...

looks like fun!
hey, i'm thinking about running the st. george marathon this year, but i wanted to talk you about it :)

can you email me?

cammihigley@msn.com

Kirsten said...

You are a very cute and good mom and those cookies look delicious! the boys did a great job!

Shelley said...

the cookies actually look very good. I'm glad I'm not the only mom who feels like pitching a tantrum every time I have to take my kids to the store with me!

Emily H. said...

Emily- you have me laughing because you say your children wear clothes but after several posts now I just don't believe you. I like Tyson's bare legs!:) I'm so glad you posted because your posts are always so fun to read! Also, I loved your comment about how people ask if John is in the military because of the boy's short hair cuts. I never really realized that before so after I read your comment I pulled up your blog and saw the pic on your blog header- yep- they do have short hair and ALL look so cute with it.

Frown Like A Thunderstorm said...

So what you are telling me is that you have 4 BOYS and you entertain them by making PINK HEART cookies!? Haha. Make a note: Armed Forces Day is May 16th--maybe you can make cookies that day that are more up their alley...

Taralee said...

I better hop right on my broomstick too then :) I only consider doing certain things when 1 or possibly 2 kids are sleeping. Mean? I think not, I like to consider it SMART!! :) Cute cookies though. i really should get my act together and do some with my kids. ?? we'll see :)

crissi said...

I sent you an invite to my blog, if you still cannot get on, let me know...crissistokes@yahoo.com

Elizabeth Dover said...

What fun and the cookies are super cute.

lindsay said...

Those turned out so cute! How do you hold their attention so long> I made cookies for Ri to decorate too, and he was bored after about 30 seconds and I ended up having to decorate them all myself...this is exactly why I don't do projects like this....and just so you feel better, I did it when Peyton was napping too!