We finally went to the laundromat last night. $60 and 3 hours later it was done. All of it. I do have to say that it was fun. I don't know if it is because John hasn't taken me on a date in a while or because I am just that old and boring now that a wall of washing machines looks like a good time. When we got there all the boys were asleep (that NEVER happens) and the place was empty. We just started filling washers until we were out of clothes (and quarters) and by the time we loaded up the last washer, the first load was ready to be moved to the dryer (this is random but I just realized that I am writing about how I did laundry....who gives a rats...seriously). Anyways, the boys stayed asleep until everything was already in the dryers and then they just pushed the carts around. It was fun and fast and if we ever get the chance to build another house I want a wall of washers and a wall of dryers (I can still hear John laughing). Anyways our clothes are in all the washers in the pic plus another row and in all the dryers plus another row. We had 16 loads and they were commericial size washers so you do the math (go ahead and change your underwear, I'll wait......)
Anyways, I even got everything but a load of towels put away. Hooray for me and if my washer ever breaks again I'm just going to throw out all our dirty clothes and buy new ones ( I can hear John laughing again........).


8 comments:
Very nice! ;-))
Emily I am exhausted just reading about how much laundry you had to do. I am glad that it turned out to be a good experience. So where in the world did you find a laundry mat. Thank heavens it was empty and no weird homeless man was wandering around laughing at his own reflection in the washing machine!
First of all...who is Serge?
I can't believe how much laundry you had. You weren't kidding when you said you had A LOT!! Looks like you guys had a fun date night. Maybe next time you go you can take my laundry too.
You are so freakin' hilarious. I love reading your blogs. the underwear comment was the best.
Emily, the skateboard was a gift from his great grandma so I will ask her where she got it. Also, Justin corrected me and told me that it was a bike board....O.K. Whatever? So I don't know what that means.
Ahhh laundry...my nemesis. I hate it more than anything else in the world. The ONLY good thing about having to go to the laundromat is that you can do it all at once!
I loved your laundry story so much that I had to do my own on my blog. I feel for ya...I don't have a washer/dryer so doing laundry isn't too much fun. Hope you get yours fixed soon!
Emily-
This is Kira I don't have a blog but e-mail me so we can chat. I love the pics of your boys they are adorable. kiraprince@cox.net
Post a Comment